Non Heat Sealable Films
- High Surface Gloss and Transparency
- Excellent Clarity
- Excellent Surface Treatment Retention
- Excellent Anchorage of Inks and Lamination Adhesive on Treated Side
- Excellent Machinability
- Very Good Barrier Properties
- Suitable for Various Printing / Lamination Machines
Applications of Non Heat Sealable Films:
Non-heat sealable films are used in a variety of applications where heat sealing is not required. Some common applications of non-heat sealable films include:
- Labeling: Non-heat sealable films are often used as label films in industries such as food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics.
- Laminates: Non-heat sealable films are often used in laminates as a barrier layer to provide moisture and oxygen resistance. They are also used as an adhesive layer between different types of films or substrates.
- Packaging: Non-heat sealable films are used in packaging applications such as bags, pouches, and sachets where heat sealing is not required. They provide excellent barrier properties, optical clarity, and printability.
- Industrial: Non-heat sealable films are used in various industrial applications such as protective films, electrical insulation films, and construction films.
Heat Sealable Films
Heat sealable films are multi-layered shrink films designed to meet the packaging needs of products requiring higher heat levels than traditional flexible films. The exterior coating of these films is designed to protect the core of the film from melting during the heating process. The core is typically made of either polypropylene or polyethylene, while a layer of sealant inside the film features a lower melting point than the rest of the film. This allows the seal to stay intact, resulting in a tightly sealed final product. Heat sealable films are ideal for a wide range of applications, such as food packaging, medical devices, and industrial goods. They are widely used in the packaging industry due to their excellent barrier properties, high strength, and durability. Additionally, they offer excellent printability, making them a popular choice for brand promotion and product labeling.
Applications of Heat Sealable Films:
- Snack Food Packaging - Heat sealable films are used for flexible packaging with transparent windows to showcase the product. This type of packaging is commonly used for dried fruits, vegetables, granola bars, and similar snack products.
- Ovenable Heat Sealable Films and Bagging for Roasting and Cooking - These films are designed to withstand high temperatures and are perfect for pre-made frozen meals. The films can be placed directly into the oven or microwave, making meal prep and cooking a breeze.
- Lidding - Lidding films provide an additional layer of protection between the product and the cap of plastic food containers. These films are used for packaging food items such as soups, beef, poultry, pork, and dairy products like yogurt and cottage cheese.
- Tubing - Heat sealable tubing is a flat plastic tubing that can be formed into sleeves. These sleeves, also known as shrink sleeves, are used for packaging various consumer goods, including plastic or glass bottles, flag poles, fishing rods, and other similar items.
- Protection and Reinforcement for Glass Surfaces - Heat sealable films can be used to laminate glass to reinforce its strength and protect its surface from damage. This is particularly useful in industries such as construction, where glass is used extensively.